Bike Ride Details
Saturday July 6, 2013
- McQueeney Baptist Church
- 201 Schumann Road
- McQueeney, TX 78123
- 25 Miles - Glory Road view map
- 40 Miles - Road to Redemption view map
- 70 Miles - Heavenly Hills view map
- 100 Miles - Faith Finder view map
Online registration available through active.com or download a pdf from website and mail. Pre-Registration fee is $30 and Day of Registration is $40. A $5 each discount will apply for groups/families of 4 or more. We will have packet pick-up and registration starting Friday July 5th from 5pm – 7pm. Registration for the day of the event will begin at 6am. † Deadline for online registration is July 4th. †
All routes will begin at 7am. Riders will be blessed with a prayer before they roll out.
Weather Contingency Plan
In the event of foul weather, the start time of this event may be delayed by up to 1 hour. Should weather conditions be unsafe for the RIDE, this event will be CANCELLED. No refunds for weather related cancellation of event.
There are no refunds. Registered athletes unable to participate will be allowed to transfer their entry to another athlete and/or event distance up until 30 days prior to the event date.
- A parent or adult guardian age 21 or older must accompany riders 17 years old and younger at all times on the ride.
- All riders must obey all state and local traffic laws.
- All riders must obey all law enforcement personnel, bike ride officials and volunteers.
- All riders must wear a bicycle helmet that complies with the US Consumer Products Safety Commission Safety Standard.
- Headphones, cell phones, ear buds, radios and similar audio devices used in, on or around the rider’s head or ears are not permitted while riding
- Equipment and accessories attached to a bicycle for transporting children and pets are not allowed.
Living Water Stops
Rest stops will be located every 10-15 miles on each route. They will be stocked with water, gatorade, fruit, pickles, cookies and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. You are sure to be greeted with a smile and encouraging words to get you through the rest of your ride. Rest Stops will be open until the last rider of the group has made it through to that particular rest stop.
Good Samaritans (SAG Support)
Our Good Samaritans (SAG wagons) will patrol the routes to transport riders in need to either the next available rest stop or back to the church. There will be a mechanic at the church available to fix minor bicycle repairs before the ride starts. Please be prepared to fix your own flats. Air pumps will be available at each rest stop.
At 4:00 pm we will do a final street sweep to pick up any riders that are still on the route and have not made it back to the church yet. This is to ensure a safe return to the church for all riders.
Feast for the Faithful
Homemade breakfast tacos will be provided for all riders before the ride starting at 6:00 am. After you have completed your designated route, we will also provide a free lunch for all riders beginning at 11:00 am. Rest assure you will not go home hungry.